Main fields of interest and specialization
Biodiversity, morphology, functional morphology, biogeography, taxonomy and systematics in different taxa of vertebrate animals. The vertebrate animals department is equipped with molecular genetic and histological laboratories.
- Biodiversity and phylogeny of amphibians in southeast Asia (see Herpetology, Frogs of Borneo)
- Biodiversity and phylogeny of fishes in southeast Asia
- Evolution of parrots
- Canine research
In case of questions or requests concerning these collections, please feel free to contact either the person responsible for the different parts of the collections:
- For mammalogy contact Dr. Paul Schmid
- For ornithology contact Dr. Stefan T. Hertwig
- For herpetology and ichthyology contact Dr. Stefan T. Hertwig
- For canine collections contact Dr. Marc Nussbaumer
- For archaeozoology contact either Dr. Marc Nussbaumer or Dr. André Rehazek
- Or please contact Beatrice Blöchlinger (collection manager) or Martin Troxler (taxidermist).